window.ga=window.ga||function(){(ga.q=ga.q||[]).push(arguments)};ga.l=+new Date; ga('create', 'UA-43850283-1', 'auto'); ga('require', 'GTM-KCDD7PG'); ga('set', 'forceSSL', true); ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true); ga('require', 'displayfeatures'); ga('require', 'cleanUrlTracker'); ga('require', 'outboundLinkTracker'); ga('require', 'ec'); ga('send', 'pageview'); ga('set', 'nonInteraction', true); setTimeout("ga('send', 'event', 'read', '20 seconds')", 20000);

Teaninich

Translation: house on the green beach
Region: (Northern) Highlands


He had courage, the captain.

When Captain Hugh Munro officially founded the Teaninich Distillery in 1817, the black distillery in the Highlands was at its peak. Establishing a legal distillery and paying taxes to the English royal family did not fare well at that time, and certainly did pose some risk. Captain Munro became famous all over Scotland but with a different performance. The daring mountaineer had not just climbed just about every mountain in Scotland. He also cataloged as the first all Scottish mountains over 3000 feet (about 1000 meters) - which are therefore still called "Munros" today.


A little history

Teaninich was built in 1817 by Captain Hugh Munro.
In 1850 Robert Pattison from Leith leased the distillery. In 1895, Teaninich was leased by Munro & Cameron, who bought it in 1898.
In 1904 the distillery went to Robert Innes Cameron and then in 1934 to the Distillers Company Limited (DCL).
In 1962 Teaninich received a second pair of stillbottles. A new Still House with six stills was added in 1972 and henceforth referred to as Side A. This and the old fuel building - Side B - were produced in parallel until 1984.
In 1974, Side B was closed despite prior modernization and finally demolished in 1999.
In 1985, Teaninich was shut down. Since the end of 1991, production is resuming here.

What do I have in the glass?
The Teaninich is very round, soft malt with a delicate smoke and a distinct spice.


3 reasons to love Teaninich

1) Because courage must be rewarded.
2) Because the Malt is unjustly known to only a few.
3) Because the landscape here is rougher than the whiskey.

The one drama for the lonely island

Douglas Laing's 30-year-old "Director's Cut" filling from 1982 is admittedly rather high-priced, but a special treat: warm and soft with a full body, lots of spice and a clear memory of the Christmas biscuit baking.


numbers and facts

Address: Alness, Ross-shire IV17 OXB
Founded: 1817 by Captain Hugh Munro
Status: active
Owner: Diageo
Capacity: approx. 4,000,000 liters
3 wash stills
3 spirit stills
Water: Dairywell Spring
Visitor Center: -
Phone: +44 (0) 1349 885001
Website: -

Translation: house on the green beach Region: (Northern) Highlands He had courage, the captain. When Captain Hugh Munro officially founded the Teaninich Distillery in 1817, the black... read more »
Close window
Teaninich

Translation: house on the green beach
Region: (Northern) Highlands


He had courage, the captain.

When Captain Hugh Munro officially founded the Teaninich Distillery in 1817, the black distillery in the Highlands was at its peak. Establishing a legal distillery and paying taxes to the English royal family did not fare well at that time, and certainly did pose some risk. Captain Munro became famous all over Scotland but with a different performance. The daring mountaineer had not just climbed just about every mountain in Scotland. He also cataloged as the first all Scottish mountains over 3000 feet (about 1000 meters) - which are therefore still called "Munros" today.


A little history

Teaninich was built in 1817 by Captain Hugh Munro.
In 1850 Robert Pattison from Leith leased the distillery. In 1895, Teaninich was leased by Munro & Cameron, who bought it in 1898.
In 1904 the distillery went to Robert Innes Cameron and then in 1934 to the Distillers Company Limited (DCL).
In 1962 Teaninich received a second pair of stillbottles. A new Still House with six stills was added in 1972 and henceforth referred to as Side A. This and the old fuel building - Side B - were produced in parallel until 1984.
In 1974, Side B was closed despite prior modernization and finally demolished in 1999.
In 1985, Teaninich was shut down. Since the end of 1991, production is resuming here.

What do I have in the glass?
The Teaninich is very round, soft malt with a delicate smoke and a distinct spice.


3 reasons to love Teaninich

1) Because courage must be rewarded.
2) Because the Malt is unjustly known to only a few.
3) Because the landscape here is rougher than the whiskey.

The one drama for the lonely island

Douglas Laing's 30-year-old "Director's Cut" filling from 1982 is admittedly rather high-priced, but a special treat: warm and soft with a full body, lots of spice and a clear memory of the Christmas biscuit baking.


numbers and facts

Address: Alness, Ross-shire IV17 OXB
Founded: 1817 by Captain Hugh Munro
Status: active
Owner: Diageo
Capacity: approx. 4,000,000 liters
3 wash stills
3 spirit stills
Water: Dairywell Spring
Visitor Center: -
Phone: +44 (0) 1349 885001
Website: -

Top seller
Teaninich 11 Jahre 2009/2021 #714892/3/6 Berry Bros. & Rudd 46%vol. 0,7l Teaninich 11 year old 2009/2021 #714892/3/6...
€69.49 *
(€99.27* pro 1,0l)
Content: 0.7l
Natural colour
Chapter Eight Fairies Teaninich 12 Jahre Fable Whisky 55,8%vol. 0,7l Chapter Eight Fairies Teaninich 12 year old...
€82.99 *
(€118.56* pro 1,0l)
Content: 0.7l
Natural colour
Close filters
 
  •  
  •  
from to
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
No results were found for the filter!
Teaninich 11 Jahre 2009/2021 #714892/3/6 Berry Bros. & Rudd 46%vol. 0,7l
Teaninich 11 year old 2009/2021 #714892/3/6...
€69.49 *
(€99.27* pro 1,0l)
Content: 0.7l
Natural colour
Chapter Eight Fairies Teaninich 12 Jahre Fable Whisky 55,8%vol. 0,7l
Chapter Eight Fairies Teaninich 12 year old...
€82.99 *
(€118.56* pro 1,0l)
Content: 0.7l
Natural colour
Viewed