Kilchoman Genesis Peating Stage 3
Prices incl.VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time 1-3 working days within Germany
- Order number: 22528
Specification: The Kilchoman Genesis Peating Stage 3 at a glance
- The Kilchoman Genesis Peating Stage 3 is the 3. Version of the Genesis series
- Only 3600 bottles on the market
- After distillation, this Kilchoman Genesis matured in three different casks
Portrait: What makes the Kilchoman Genesis Peating Stage 3
With the Kilchoman Genesis Peating Stage 3, Kilchoman offers a unique single farm single malt whiskey.
The bottlings in the Kilchoman Genesis product series tell the story of the creation of Kilchoman whisky - the 1,130-day journey from the barley to the bottling of the single malt.
Each stage of whisky production has a major impact on the character of the whisky.
The Kilchoman Peating Stage 3 focuses on the third stage of the whisky-making process. The third stage of whisky making in this case is peating.
Days 13-14: The Islay peat has a unique texture.
The peat used in the Hestellung of Kilchoman Genesis Peating Stage 3 is taken from the many peat bogs of the island of Islay, soaked by the sea, and used to smoke the germinating barley, giving this Kilchoman whiskey a rich, maritime, smoky character.
During the peating process, the barley absorbs the distinct Islay peat character, adding complexity to the whisky after distillation and maturation.
After the peating process and drying, the malted barley rests for at least two weeks before being milled and mashed.
This Kilchman SIngle Malt bottling is made from a combination of Laureate barley malted at Kilchoman and Concerto barley malted by Port Ellen Maltings,
Maturation of Kilchoman Genesis Peating Stage 3 is 70% in exBourbon, 25% in STR and 5% in exSherry casks.
Tasting Notes: How does the Kilchoman Genesis Peating Stage 3
- Aroma: Malt, vanilla, and a hint of caramel, as well as a pleasant smoky note in the foreground characterize the aroma of Peating Stage 3
- Taste: The taste is very harmonious. Caramel and toffee are clearly evident in the Peating Stage 3. But also herbs and licorice can be detected.
- Finish: Fruity finish with notes of smoked ham.
|Region:||Isle of Islay|
|Product Type:||Single Malt Whisky|
|Responsible food business operator:||Hanseatische Weinhandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, Lukas-Welser-Straße 8, 28309 Bremen, Deutschland|
|Manufacturer:||Kilchoman Distillery Co., Rockside Farm Bruichladdich Isle of Islay Argyll PA49 7UT, Großbritannien|