Prices incl.VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time 1-3 working days within Germany
- Order number: 19038
Profile: The Captain Morgan Black Spiced at a glance
- "Premium Spirit Drink": For the Captain Morgan Black Spiced, rum from St. Croix is refined with ingredients such as clove or cassia bark.
- Daring origin: The notorious privateer Henry Morgan from Jamaica was the inspiration for this striking drop.
- Popular classic: The Captain Morgan brand has long been an international top seller and has received many awards.
- Versatile pirate: Spicy and yet with a soft body, the dark Captain Morgan is pure or in long drinks a pleasure.
Portrait: What defines the Captain Morgan Black Spiced.
"15 men on the dead man's chest, jo-ho-ho and a bottle of premium spirit drink" ?! Sounds strange and is difficult to sing. But would be correct in this case.
Because, as we have already mentioned elsewhere, EU spirits law says: “Rum is a spirit that is obtained exclusively from alcoholic fermentation and distillation of molasses or syrup from the production of cane sugar or from the juice of sugar cane itself and less than 96% vol is distilled in such a way that the distillate has a noticeable degree of the special sensory properties of rum (…). "In addition, real rum is also required, among other things, not to be flavored. That means purity is required.
The Captain Morgan Black Spiced also contains specially selected ingredients such as clove and cassia bark. That gives it its spicy character. But it also ensures that this distinctive Caribbean "rum" is labeled "Premium Spirit Drink" on the bottle label. And not rum.
Ultimately, however, it is less about food law details and more about enjoyment. And there is no restriction here. With his spicy, powerful nature, the successful Captain Morgan not only convinces pure, but also gives cocktails and long drinks that certain something.
The rum-based spirit is made on St. Croix, a small island that belongs to the Virgin Islands.
The brand name and label, however, refer to a celebrity from Jamaica: the privateer Henry Morgan from the 17th century. The notorious pirate captain was born in Wales, but later settled in Jamaica and managed to become the vice governor. Not a bad career.
Tasting Notes: This is how the Captain Morgan Black Spiced tastes
- Aroma: A potpourri of aromas, from cloves and cinnamon to spicy liquorice to floral and fruity notes.
- Taste: Soft and pleasant with a spicy, powerful character. Liquorice meets Cherry Coke meets oak. In addition, impressions of vanilla, cinnamon, hibiscus and clove oil.
- Finish: soft and quite long. In addition to the impressions already described, a hint of smoke comes from the carbonized oak barrels.
|Country:||Jamaica, Guyana & Barbados|
|Product Category:||Rum & Rum based Spirit Drinks|
|Product Type:||Spirit Drink (Rum-Based)|
|Product brand:||Captain Morgan|
|Responsible food business operator:||Diageo Germany GmbH, Reeperbahn 1 20359 Hamburg, Deutschland|
|Manufacturer:||Diageo Germany GmbH, Reeperbahn 1 20359 Hamburg, Deutschland|