Tasting Selection Regions of Scotland 5 x 0,04l
Prices incl.VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time 1-3 working days within Germany
- Order number: 18711
Discover the different flavors of the 5 whisky regions of Scotland.
Campeltown - Glen Scotia 10 Jahre Unpeated 40%vol. Sample 0,04l
Glen Scotia's unpeated 10-year-old Single Malt is the new bottling in April 2021 of the renowned distillery in Scotland's town Campbeltown on the Kintyre Peninsula.
Matured in first-fill exBourbon Casks.
- Nose: fresh sea air and sliced apple, with aromas of lemon peel and roasted oak
- Taste: soft, almost creamy with notes of melted brown sugar and orange jam - followed by ripe pineapple and creamy vanilla, followed by the spicy oak
- Finish: long with a gentle finish Tones of ground ginger and a slight note of cinnamon
Lowlands - Auchentoshan 12 Jahre 40%vol. Sample 0,04l
The 12-year-old Auchentoshan from the Scottish Lowlands is - atypical for a Scottish whisky - distilled three times.
The result is a pleasantly mild single malt whisky with elegant, fruity notes - one of the most popular aperitif malts.
- Nose: intense aromas of ripe cereals, with almonds and limes
- Taste: soft and pleasantly mild, sweet, caramelized toffee - notes of dried oranges and grapefruit behind
- Finish: surprisingly dry and very long on the finish. the ripe grain again, with nutty tones
Highlands - Edradour 10 Year Old 40%vol. Sample 0,04l
Scotland's smallest distillery was first mentioned in writing in 1837.
Edradour is located in the heart of the Highlands above the village of Pitlochry, in a small valley, hidden from the surrounding mountains.
With three employees, the distillery produces as much as whiskey in one Year like other distilleries in a week.
Since the distillery was taken over by the blending company Whiteley in 1933, Edradour has supplied one of the basic malts for the blend "House of Lords", which is served in the said upper house of the British Parliament.
Edradour has only been a single malt since 1982, when the former owner Whiteley was taken over by Campbell Distillers.
The owner changed one last time in 2002.
Since then, the independent bottler Signatory has been in charge the distillery and only since then has there been some 10-year standard bottling and some limited malt from this wonderful distillery on the market.
- Nose: very complex with aromas of sweet sherry, ripe fruit and vanilla
- Taste: a slight sweetness at the beginning, reminiscent of rum - with roasted almonds, again fruity notes, heather and a hint of smoke
- Finish: heather and vanilla are clear, with fruit and warm pastries
Islay - Laphroaig 10 Jahre 40%vol. Sample 0,04l
The Laphroaig distillery on Islay Island produces Prince Charles's favorite Whisky, proudly displayed on the bottling labels.
Laphroaig is a typical representative of Islay - for Laphroaig is the principle: "Either you love him or you hate him!".
The taste is overwhelming, whiskey connoisseurs use words like seaweed, diesel, tar or disinfectant to describe it.
- Nose: at the beginning equally strong with lots of smoke and peat, spicy aromas and licorice, slightly salty - you can see the proximity to the sea - in the background burned, damp wood
- Taste: now significantly kelp and oak, then intense phenols and iodine, reminiscent of a first aid box with bandage and gauze bandages, something old leather - then spicy with notes of black pepper and cardamom
- Finish: long on the finish, again peat and iodine - a little tar and damp wood
Laphroaig is one of the few distilleries that still pokes its own peat today and whose "malting floors" are still in operation.
Speyside - Glenfarclas 15 Jahre 46%vol. Sample 0,04l
Glenfarclas is one of Scotland's few independent distilleries.
Founded in 1836 and owned by the Grant family since 1865.
John Grant leads Glenfarclas today in its fifth generation.
Glenfarclas is also one of the few distilleries that have produced almost without interruption since its foundation.
This explains the wide range of different fillings from this house.
- Nose: strong sherry aromas with dark fruits, mint and oak
- Taste: more and more sherry - again the fruits, especially plums, dates and raisins - then nutty notes
- Finish: very long finish - sherry and nuts stay
|Volume:||5 x 0,04l|
|Product Type:||Single Malt Whisky|
|Responsible food business operator:||HOM Home of Malts GmbH, Hosegstieg 11, 22880 Wedel, Deutschland|
|Manufacturer:||HOM Home of Malts GmbH, Hosegstieg 11, 22880 Wedel, Deutschland|
Immer wieder zum Testen